Friday, January 29, 2010

CA, MO, and WA New Pages and Updates

I finally added all the rest of  links (18 more) to directories from Ancestry to the Orange County, California page.  I also added 21 free links to county and telephone directories from the Fullerton Public Library. It took me a loooong time to get this page completed because Ancestry divided up the directories for this county into three parts and I had to check each part to see which communities it contained so I could label the links correctly. I now have only 10 more California counties' directories at Ancestry to link!

I also added a link from the Hathi Trust Digital Library to the King County, Washington page.

I created the Boone County, Missouri page and added a link to it from the Hathi Trust Digital Library. This now makes five counties, plus the City of St. Louis, linked for Missouri.

Find Ancestors

2 comments:

  1. It's a good thing you identified the communities in the Orange County directories! Some communities that we now consider to be in North County were once considered to be in the south. So much of South County that was open land just a few decades ago is now full of housing tracts.
    Left out of your list are the cities of Orange and Santa Ana in 1947, which were in the South Orange County Directory.
    Sharon - North County

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, I'm glad that all the work I did in identifying the communities for each directory was helpful. And thanks for the heads up on the omission of Orange and Santa Ana. Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees! I corrected the information.

    ReplyDelete