Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Butte County, CA and other CA New Pages and Updates

In my last post, I mentioned that many public libraries are scanning and putting their local directories online. On a whim last night, I googled "butte county library" just to see if there were more directories for that county than what I had found on Ancestry (my husband's Midkiff ancestors were there in the early twentieth century). To my delight, I found that the Butte County Library district had indeed scanned and uploaded directories in .pdf format to the Internet. One directory included several surrounding counties, so here are the new pages and updates to reflect my finds:

New Pages:

Colusa County, California
- with two links from Ancestry and one from the Butte County Library

Sutter County, California - with two links from Ancestry and one from the Butte County Library

Tehama County, California - with two links from Ancestry and one from the Butte County Library

Yuba County, California - with two links from Ancestry and one from the Butte County Library


Updates:

California - now with 22 out of 58 counties linked

Butte County, California
- 14 new links from Butte County Library


If you have ancestors from San Diego County, California, stay tuned for the release of that page in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment