Here are some of the latest new pages and updates. In all the busy-ness of the site maintenance over the past four months, it's possible that I didn't make note of other new pages I created or updates I made. Since I made changes on every single page (over 700!) as part of the maintenance, it would be a time-consuming task to go through my site management pages to double check!
I encourage you to see if there is new information on a page you're familiar with, or a new page for one of your ancestral or research locations. Happy Hunting!
County Cavan, Ireland - with one link from Library Ireland
County Donegal, Ireland - with two links from Library Ireland
County Dublin, Ireland - with two links from Library Ireland
County Kerry, Ireland - with one link from Library Ireland
Madison County, New York - with one link from the Internet Archive
Craven County, North Carolina - with one link from the Internet Archive
Cumberland County, North Carolina - with one link from the Internet Archive
Guilford County, North Carolina - with one link from the Internet Archive
City of Virginia Beach, Virginia - with one link from the Internet Archive
Los Angeles County, California - 22 new links from the Torrance Public Library, five from the Los Angeles Public Library, and six from the Internet Archive
Ireland - now with five out of 26 historic counties linked
New York - now with 41 out of 62 counties and New York City linked
Durham County, North Carolina - three new links from the DigitalNC Library/Durham County Library and 14 from the Internet Archive
North Carolina - now with 10 out of 100 counties linked
Mecklenburg, North Carolina - one new link from the Internet Archive
New Hanover, North Carolina - one new link from the Internet Archive
Wake County, North Carolina - one new link from the Internet Archive
Virginia - now with five out of 134 counties and independent cities linked
Thursday, August 25, 2011
- Changing my name on every page to "Miriam J. Robbins" after my recent divorce and subsequent return to my maiden name (over 700 pages!).
- Updating the copyright date on every page to reflect the 2011 year (and it won't be long before I'll be changing it again to 2012!).
- Updating a few rogue pages' names from "Online City, County, and Rural Directories" to "Online Historical Directories". This was a decision I made back in October 2009, and there were still pages I had not updated after nearly two years!
- Adding links on every page to the relevant corresponding page at the Online Historical Newspapers Website.
- EveNDon has been a wonderful resource of free online directories, created by Eve and Don Kreiger of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Tragically, Eve passed away recently and Don has changed the name of the website to Don's List. Old links still work, but I wanted to make sure the site name was changed.
- I changed all references of Family Tree Connections to reflect its parent company, GenealogyToday.
- And just when I thought I was finished, Footnote changed its name to Fold3! Old links still work, but I did change the name on my site. I'll change links later.
Thank you again for your patience, and as always, I'm grateful for new links and corrections sent my way (email me here).
Friday, August 12, 2011
I'm honored to be one of two guests being interviewed on Thomas MacEntee's GeneaBloggers Talk Radio tonight, Friday the 12th, from 7:00 to 8:00 PM, PDT. The topic will be "Read All About It! Newspapers as Genealogy Resources." The other guest will be Thomas J. Kemp, of GenealogyBank and ObitsArchive. I'll be highlighting my Online Historical Newspapers website. You can listen online, call in (number is listed in the link below), and/or chat with other listeners on the site. If you can't make it, you can come back and listen later. The link to the show is here. Come join us!